Monday, May 16, 2011
Pop Music
It's my guilty little pleasure. I listen to rock music. It's true, I'm entertained by the music that we're trying to get our kids not to listen to. So our end of the year pops concert was something I was looking forward to. As I ordered music I was so excited about the cool "popular" music we would be playing. Now we're three weeks from the concert, and I can say, pop music for middle school sucks. There is almost no redeeming quality to it. It's boring a drab, and to honest I think even the kids are starting to get sick of it. 21 Guns by Green Day is a really great tune. 21 Guns by Green Day for Concert Band isn't. I need to find something a little more meaty for next year. This kind of music just doesn't cut it. Granted Clocks by Cold Play for Concert Band isn't too bad. I wonder how you're supposed to figure out what's worth spending your money on? The music company has sound bites, but for some reason it sounds much better online than in front of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment